LITTLE ITALY RESTAURANT IMMERS3D
If you go to Little Italy you may find Angelo walking around tables singing in italian out of nowhere: “Volare oh, oh. Cantare oh, oh!” Everyone turns around and while his audience cheers, Angelo gets a rush out of that, making people smile and having a good time.
Born in Amalfi, Naples in Italy Angelo still conserves his Italian accent. He told us when he moved to Buenos Aires he discovered his passion for the hospitality industry. Since then, he is been in United States 33 years, where he spent 7 years in New York and then moved to Orlando. Check out the interview video here.
WHO RUNS LITTLE ITALY RESTAURANT IN CELEBRATION?
Interview with Don Angelo Falce
-Angelo, tell us a little bit about Little Italy restaurant and your role here.
–“My role is to be here all day” (he giggles) “that’s my first role, and my second role is to make sure everyone here is happy, comfortable and feel like they are home. For me, this is a family business. We welcome grown up, little ones, everyone to come and enjoy our good food.”
-That’s very important, of course but what motivates you to come here every day?”
– People, I love people. If I am not around people, it doesn’t feel right. I also love working with my team. My staff, the serves, the kitchen staff, we all have a great relationship and it’s great to work with a great team.”
– That’s wonderful Angelo, so with that answer in mind, how do you make the connection with the people that come to your restaurant?
– From the moment the step inside, I am there to greet them “bienvenuti” and lead them to their table. We chat, and I make sure they feel comfortable, like they are family, like sharing a meal at home and not a restaurant!
-We heard at Immers3d Magazine you love to sing.
– (giggling) In Italy is normal to sing. The majority of Italians love to sing. They are not professional but they love to sing.
-Which song do you like to sing the most to your tables? Sing it to us!
– (Now he is flirting) I am going to sing to two beautiful women, the following:
Penso che un sogno così non ritorni mai più. Mi dipingevo le mani e la faccia di blu
Poi d’improvviso venivo dal vento rapito. E incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito.
Volare oh, oh, Cantare oh, oh. Nel blu dipinto di blu. Felice di stare lassù
–What do you think is people’s favorite dish here in Little Italy Restaurant?
– Well, with food, it all depends on your taste. I would say our Pasta Pescatore because I love fish but others may not like fish. We have an excellent Carbonara, Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo and our Shrimp Alfredo are delicious. We also have the Chicken Parmesan, Veal Parmesan, Marsala and excellent Pizzas!
…One of the things I love the most is our bread. Every day, we have a baker that comes and makes fresh bread and the garlic oil we serve on top.
-Is the food you serve in Little Italy Restaurant similar to the food in Italy?
-Indeed. I’ve been working together with our executive chef for many years now. He has been cooking the same recipes over 30 years ago taught by Francesco, a well-known Sicilian chef back in the day.
-Angelo, tell us a secret about little Italy Restaurant.
There are many. However, here’s one secret. Many beautiful women come here for dinner.
– If a customer comes and orders something that is not in the menu, what would you do?
-We’ll make it. Always!
Angelo has more secrets to tell us… like the time he served Frank Sinatra and this happened.