IMMERS3D in V&V Aesthetics
Welcome Immers3rs! Today we are going to explore one of the most state of the art in aesthetics located in Orlando. We are meeting with Kelly Gama in V&V Aesthetics
Who is Kelly Gama Beauty?
Hi Kelly, thank you for having us! We would love to know more about you and your business. Can you tell us a little bit about how your beautician career started?
I started when I was 16 years old. I did a beauty course in Brazil. My real career as a professional started when I was 25 and I moved to the United States. I went to school for 2 years and got my license.
That’s great, Kelly So overall how long have you been a professional hairdresser?
Over 20 years, but professionally , I have been treating hair for 18 years now.
Wow, that’s a long time and a great experience!
Makes me happy to make people happy.
What’s the most rewarding part of your job as a hairdresser?
When I cater to women right, and you see the transformation and you see it in their eyes, that makes me happy. When you see how much she loves her hair it’s very gratifying to me. Makes me happy to make people happy.
Indeed! That’s what it’s all about, feeling good about ourselves. So, what are the Best professional services you offer?
I do haircut, style, color, highlight, Algae treatment, Keratin among a few. My main focus is to make your hair healthy.
But if you want ‘a radical change’, you will have a radical change.
Do you have a funny story about a client, a makeover that you want to share with us?
I remember one day, this lady came in and she wanted a new transformation. Her hair was long and she asked for a shorter look with a chunky style, so I started cutting her hair. Suddenly she starts to cry, sobbing like crazy. I asked her what was wrong and she said she felt bad that she was getting a haircut. So I was like, ‘oh my gosh, you are in a hair salon, you came to get a haircut’. I guess she came to realize it was too late, but in the end she was really happy with her new look. Sometimes people think they are ready for a new look and then they regret it. It happens sometimes.
Here is Kelly Gama in V&V Aesthetics Beauty Tip:
If you are one of those who shows up with a photograph that implies an extreme cut, you will have to cut your hair or heed the suggestions (probably more realistic) from your stylist. Think that not everyone can do what they want (more than anything because the state of your hair would not stand it)Ah! And think about whether you are 100% sure that you want to make that radical change. If you cut it, there will be no going back (except extensions, of course)
- Yes, you need to think about your decisions very well sometimes! What about celebrities? Have you met any famous people?
- Yes, My first celebrity was a country singer. I had no idea who she was, but apparently everyone told me she was famous. I can’t remember her name. I have also worked on several clients that are famous in Brazil and anchors of the Channel 2 Station.
Who would be a celebrity you would love to do a hairstyle?
I would love to have Jeniffer Lopez or Shakira. I love to treat curly hair.
- How do you feel about the new hair color trends going on now, like green, purple, pink etc.. Do you like it?
- I like it, but I find it’s mostly for young people. My clients are mostly conservative when it comes to colors. They are more traditional. I did, however, a class with Matrix about these colors and I was the only one in that class who didn’t have her hair color. Even the lady next to me, she was in her sixties and she had funky hair color. The following day I tried to, but honestly, I don’t have the time to keep it up.
What makes Kelly Gama in V&V Aesthetics unique from other hairdressers?
I think it’s because I like to treat hair. To treat it well. I feel guilty if I feel I mistreat someone’s hair. I work knowing the limits of the hair and how much it can take. This way of thinking makes me different from other hairdressers.
- How do you keep up with the latest trends and products?
- I constantly assist classes. I keep updates on new trends by going every year I go to the conventions. I also follow up pages and Blogs on the internet. I also like to do research all the time about new products from all over the world.
What would you say to a new potential client to come and see you?
Well, I would say that if you want to give health to your hair come to me Kelly Gama Beauty. I will make your hair so shiny, healthy and beautiful, you will love it!
Thank you so much Kelly, we really appreciate it!